- Shanghai is China’s financial center. By the end of 2014, there were 1,336 financial institutions, including banks, insurance companies and securities companies, of which 216 were foreign-invested.
- China has over 2,400,000 millionaires, Shanghai is the second largest concentration.
- Shanghai is the most populous city in China and the most populous city proper in the world with a population of 24mln.
- Shanghai is home to the world’s busiest container port.
- Shanghai is the biggest port and the center of trade, finance, information and culture in China.
- In 2014 Shanghai accounted for about 15% of China’s total utilized Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
- Up to the end of last year, Shanghai had received 31,440 foreign invested projects, the total value of which amounted to over 73 billion USD.